Authors who have their paper accepted may start preparing for the conference. Below is a simple checklist and guideline for reference:
- Revise your paper
- Take into account the suggestions and corrections highlighted by the reviewers.
- The length of the final paper should be no more than 6 pages in A4 size, including figures, tables and references.
- Verify the format of your paper
- The camera ready paper must be IEEE Xplore compatible.
- This can be done through IEEE PDF eXpress Plus service. The detailed user guide to the PDF eXpress can be found here.
- Register and pay the conference fee [By 30 September 2011]
- All registration must be done through EDAS.
- All payments must also be done through EDAS (the USD rates apply).
- For IEEE members, please update your EDAS profile to include your IEEE membership ID.
- The receipt for the payment will be given during the conference.
- Upload the camera ready paper [By 30 September 2011]
- The camera ready paper must be uploaded only through EDAS.
- Please complete the IEEE Electronic Copyright Transfer Form (eCF) in EDAS.
- Arrange your travel and accommodation
- Depending on your nationality, you may be required to apply for a visa in advance to enter Malaysia.
- Accommodation can be booked either through the hotel’s official website or through the many hotel reservation sites such as Booking.com, Agoda, etc.
- Update the presenter information (in EDAS profile of the presenter) [By 30 September 2011]
- Please state who among the authors will be attending and presenting your paper.
- Make sure the presenter name is correct as it will be used in the certificate of attendance/presentation.
- Please also update a short biography of the presenter in his/her EDAS profile.
- Please indicate if the attendee/presenter requires vegetarian meals.
- Prepare your presentation slides
- Every presenter will be given 15 minutes for presentation plus 5 minutes for Q&A. Please prepare your slides to fit into the duration.
- An effective oral presentation should be structured accordingly: opening, outline of main points, detail of main points, conclusion.
On the day of your presentation, please report to your assigned room 10-15 minutes before the session is scheduled to begin. Introduce yourself to the Session Chair, and check that any audio visual equipment you need to use is setup and working properly. Please load your presentation onto the hard drive so that the transition between presentations is smooth.
Sample of a brief biography: "Shahrul Anuar received the BEng. degree in electronic engineering from University of Nottingham, UK in 2005, and the Ph.D. degree in computer vision from University of Manchester, UK in 2009. He is currently a Senior Lecturer at University of Malaya, Malaysia. His main research interests are in the area of signal processing, pattern recognition and computer vision."